Overview of UTorrent PRO
µTorrent, or uTorrent (see pronunciation) is a proprietary adware BitTorrent client owned and developed by BitTorrent, Inc. With over 100 million users it is the most widely used BitTorrent client outside China; globally only behind Xunlei. The “µ” (Greek letter “mu”) in its name comes from the SI prefix “micro-“, referring to the program’s small memory footprint: the program was designed to use minimal computer resources while offering functionality comparable to larger BitTorrent clients such as Vuze or BitComet. The program has received consistently good reviews for its feature set, performance, stability, and support for older hardware and versions of Windows.
The program has been in active development since its first release in 2005. Although originally developed by Ludvig Strigeus, since December 7, 2006, the code is owned and maintained by BitTorrent, Inc. The code has also been employed by BitTorrent, Inc. as the basis for version 6.0 and above of the BitTorrent client, a re-branded version of µTorrent. All versions are written in C++
Features of UTorrent PRO
- Magnet Links (URIs), added in version 1.8, released on August 9, 2008.
- Teredo tunneling / IPv6 support.
- UPnP support for all versions of Windows, without needing Windows XP’s UPnP framework
Protocol encryption (PE).
- Peer exchange (PEX) with other BitTorrent clients:
libtorrent and clients based on it like Deluge or qBittorrent have full µTorrent PEX support.
Transmission and clients based on libTransmission have full µTorrent PEX support.
KTorrent has full µTorrent PEX support as of 2.1 RC1.
Vuze, formerly Azureus, has full support as of version 188.8.131.52.
- RSS (“broadcatching”)
“Trackerless” BitTorrent support using DHT, compatible with the original BitTorrent client and BitComet.
- User configurable intelligent disk caching system.
- Full proxy server support.
- HTTPS tracker support.
- Configurable bandwidth scheduler
- Localized for 67 languages.
- Initial seeding of torrents.
- Customizable search bar & user interface design.
- Configuration settings and temporary files are stored in a single directory, allowing portable use.
- A new web user interface, codenamed Falcon, is in development. It supports encrypted sessions and the ability of going through firewalls without port forwarding, while being more complete and easier to start using than its predecessor.
- Embedded Tracker: a simple tracker designed for seeding torrents, lacking a web interface or list of hosted torrents. It is not designed for secure or large-scale application.
- Quick-resumes interrupted transfers.
- Available in over 65 languages.
Screenshot of UTorrent PRO
Download Links For UTorrent PRO
Size : 25 MB